While you are free to develop your own spreadsheets or system, we have an Excel template, developed by one of the managers, which allows you to enter your team’s match schedule and assign parents to weekly roster tasks. This is a great resource to give to parents to stick on their fridge.
Modify as necessary as you may wish to assign roster tasks in your own way. This spreadsheet may need to be modified to include tasks that are specific to your own age group – for example, older age groups require runners/water carriers.
MANAGERS’ TIP – Game schedules change, so if you issue a new version of your roster/schedule, make it very clear that parents must destroy all previous versions. Players turning up to the wrong ground at the wrong time is bad for everyone!
MANAGERS’ TIP – Many managers work to a system of two emails a week. One at the start of the week, with any points that need to be raised from the weekend game and a training reminder, then a second email on Friday afternoon to supplement the roster/schedule with a reminder about where they need to be on the weekend.
There are a few weekly tasks you need to perform on the AFL registration and scoring system, FootyWeb.
Like most things, once you get the hang of it you will spend just a few minutes each week preparing for games and recording results. And, we’re here to help, if you need. The best contacts are Registrar Graeme Durrant and Footy Ops Manager Simon Osborne
Logging into FootyWeb
For all FootyWeb tasks you need to login by going to this link:
Enter the username and password you used to register onto FootyWeb. If you do not have these login details, contact the Graeme or Simon.
1. Pre-Game Team Sheets
Managers must prepare at least 4 paper copies of the team sheets to take to each match. You need one for:
- Ground Manager
- Opposition Manager
- Your copy
- One spare to give to a parent you may have asked to keep track of Best on Ground scoring.
Important to note:
- Failure to have an accurate Team Sheet before play may result in an individual or the whole team being unable to play.
- To select a player on a team sheet they must be registered and paid. As manager you should ensure all players are registered before the start of the season. The Registrar will supply lists of registered players in the lead up to the start of the season. Any registration issues direct to Registrar, Graeme Durrant.
How to Prepare a Team Sheet
Head to the SportsTG support centre for manager specific instructions on how to prepare team sheets:
Entering team sheets: https://support.sportstg.com/help/competitions-entering-team-sheets
Locating and printing team sheets: https://support.sportstg.com/help/competitions-locating-and-printing-team-sheets
Enter match results and stats online: https://support.sportstg.com/help/competitions-enter-match-results-and-statistics-online
Best and Fairest
We have a system to track Best on Ground (BOG) votes for each game played.
- The standard system is 5-4-3-2-1 votes or you can choose just 5-4-3 at a minimum.
- You can submit as multiple sets of votes per match
- Club best practice is at least 2 sets of votes per game (e.g. one from coaching staff and one from a random parent each week).
- A minimum of one set of votes must be submitted per game
As managers you will have received an email with links to the forms for your age group. If you don’t have the links, email the Registrar, Graeme Durrant.
If you have a player that is not appearing on the form for your age group, please email the Registrar and we can add them to the list.
Managers should submit each set of votes using their mobile number to verify the submission.
MANAGERS’ TIP: The forms work really well on a smart phone. Save the link on your phone and do the votes at the game!