Canada Bay Cannons, Concord Giants and Drummoyne Power are pleased to update you on the next phase of funding and greenspace development of St Lukes Oval.
The Greater Sydney Sports Facility Fund (GSSFF) has recently announced a grant of $939,000 as part of $1.89m in total funding from the Canada Bay Council and a contribution from AFL NSW/ACT.
The earliest this greenspace upgrade will occur will be July/August 2021, as there are considerable planning steps to be undertaken and dependent projects such as Concord Oval redevelopment.
The St Lukes Oval greenspace upgrade will include:
- Final design,
- Civil works including overall levelling and widening of the eastern/canal side of the field,
- Drainage and irrigation, including council’s commitment to use of recycled water in the St Lukes precinct
- Resurfacing with natural grass, and
- Perimeter fencing.
The Council will be managing the project delivery, and there are a number of planning, procurement and contractual steps to be undertaken prior to construction beginning.
The clubs have been working with Canada Bay Council and AFL NSW/ACT to improve facilities and greenspace at St Lukes over the past four years.
- Phase I of the project included new field lighting, LED scoreboard, complete renovation of canteen and two change-rooms, including substantial contribution from Concord Giants and Drummoyne Power clubs from our funds. These have made a huge difference to St Lukes, and the greenspace upgrades will be a fabulous improvement.
- Phase II is focused on greenspace upgrade as outlined above, and
- Phase III of the project will include further upgrades to the facilities, including new disabled/men’s/women’s toilets, permanent garage storage and significant upgrade to proposed second floor club room and viewing facilities.
We’ll be working closely with council on the Phase II development, and look forward to updating you on this huge step forward in improving greenspace at St Lukes Oval.